Please click here for useful free downloads:
Setup Property Owners
A vital step before being able to create an instruction onto a property is to add a property owner to it first. You will be able to add multiple owners if required and the system will calculate how much rent each landlord will receive, based on what percentage of the property they own. You would dictate this information upon linking the landlords to the property. Whatever you advise the system to do, it will follow your instructions.
To attach a landlord to a property, search for your property first in the 'Quick Search bar' at the top left hand side of the page or locating the property via the "Properties" icon which is under the Lettings Tab.
In the left hand ladder, there is a section called 'Owners'.
When you click on 'Owners' it will take you to the owners screen. If you have ever applied a landlord to this property on AgentOS, then you will see the history of each applied owner for your audit reference, in the centre page.
'Setup property owners' is in the right hand corner of the page and this is the section you must access if you want to replace the existing landlord or add a landlord for the first time.
When you click on 'Setup Property Owners' it will open up the box with fields for you to begin linking your landlord(s)
To begin, please click on 'Add'
It will then give you the 'New Owners' screen.
You can then search for the landlord profile that you must have already created on the system. Type their name into the field and click onto the applicable profile to save them against the set-up.
You then need to add how much financial share of the property that they are to receive. If you are only adding one landlord, then they will need to receive 100% of the share. If you will be adding more than one landlord, please dictate the exact share percent value i.e. perhaps it will still be 100% for one landlord and 0% against the other, or it may be 50/50 or 60% with the remaining 40% to be applied to the second landlord you apply.
Whatever it is you apply, it will guide system on how it must deliver the rent from the tenant profile. If you say that Landlord 1 owns 50% of the property, then the system will allocate only 50% of the tenant's rent payment received.
Regardless of the share percentage split, you must select a "Main Contact" so that any correspondence generated via the system can be directed to the main contact automatically.
Once you have filled out that information, click on 'Add' in the bottom right hand corner.
To add another owner, click on 'Add' and repeat the same process stating how much their financial share of the property is.
Once you are happy with the owner or owners you have applied, please select 'Setup Property Owners' on the right to save your changes.
It will then return you to the owners screen and you will be able to see with a glance who the property owners are and what percentage of the finances they have been assigned.