Once it has been agreed with your landlord and the tenant has passed referencing checks, you’ll want to set the tenancy as Let Agreed so you can draw up a contract.
- To do this you’ll click onto the LETTINGS tab and select the TENANCIES button; alternatively you can search for the tenancy on the top search bar.
- You will then need to set your agreed start date, to do this click onto Tenancy details on the left hand ladder. To edit the date, click the top right hand add button then click onto the tab called Tenancy specific information.
|To have a tenancy with a fixed term of 6 months, then onto a rolling contract leave the end date blank. If you intend on renewing the tenancy at the end of the fixed term then you need to enter an end date. Click SAVE to complete|
- The next step is to check the rent is correct, to do this see the rent schedule manual.
- For adding an inventory, please see the inventory manual
- For auto charges, please see the Auto charges manual.
- Tenancy specific suppliers can be added to show that a particular supplier is linked to that tenancy, for example British gas
- Add Special conditions and requirements as required
- Notes will give you a list of all notes relating to this tenancy
- Management fees, will be the monthly fee
- Property owners, who owns the property.
To print the tenancy agreement:
- For the tenant’s agreement click onto tenants on the left hand ladder, then click onto the actions button next to the tenant who’s agreement you’d like to generate, you will then see this pop up box, here you can decide to send check lists/cover letters to the tenants:
- To print the landlord agreement, click onto the top right hand actions button.
- If you select to send by email/ post the letter will generate and show in the Postbag for authorisation.
- To Sign your tenancy off once you have checked all the information is correct, and the document has been signed by both parties you’ll need to click onto the actions button and choose sign tenancy .