When you create a new landlord on the system, it will automatically send them their login details via email - this email will include a link to reset a password for themselves and a link for the landlord dashboard.
- Your login username is [Username]
- You can reset your password at the following link: Reset Password.
- You can provide/update consent on how we use your data at the following link: GDPR Login Here
- Landlord portal link (this needs to be added to your email template upon request - please contact support following your confirmation of portal completion)
It is advisable to add content which explains to the user how they can log in. The following content is sufficient - please read the content as it will help you understand how to help your clients troubleshoot any login issues:
Dear [Person_Forename] [Person_Surname],
Welcome to your Landlord Portal! As a client of Company Name we have opened our Landlord Portal for you. You will need to register your account, so that you can have access to all sorts of useful tenancy information like Payment History, Statements, Certificates, Self Assessment Tax, and much more.
How to set up your account
To access the portal - Click Here
1) Select your password by clicking Reset Password.- passwords must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 number and one character.
2) When following this link you will also be asked to set two security questions. Please keep these safe as you will need them if ever you forget your password.
3) Once this is done, please refer back to this email and click this link for the Landlord Dashboard for access to the Portal. Please note, when you set your password, it will direct you to a login which is also used for GDPR marketing preferences, so please return to this email and select the dashboard link to access your personal hub.
- Your unique login username is [Username] - this will always remain the same so please keep safe
You are also able to provide/update consent on how we use your data using the same credentials by clicking here: GDPR Login Here
If you require any help with your online account please call us on Company Number or email us at Company Email
If you would like to change the template to the above or anything else, please look at this guide which explains how you can change the automatic email which goes to your landlord's inbox automatically when they are created on the system, or manually when you click actions > send login request.
Troubleshooting for your clients:
They cannot login - Step 1: Please check their login is enabled - go to the lettings tab > GDPR CRM Logins icon > type their name into the field on the left > search > Untick the box for only enabled so that it shows disabled logins too. Refresh
If they are enabled already, please see the next step below. If they have a no under that column it means they are not enabled. Please click "enable login" in the top right
Then fill in their name and email address > enable login.
Now go to their profile > actions > send login.
They cannot login part 2: - Because questions and passwords are case sensitive, it is likely that they are not entering a perfect reflection of the data they inputted when setting up their security questions and password. Go to their profile > clear security questions > then use the send login request option again.
Cannot login Part 3 - They might need to clear their cached data and cookies, if they save passwords on their device, their new passwords might not be saving until they clear their old ones. If they do not know how to do this, please refer to them this link www.refreshyourcache.com
Cannot login Part 4 - If after all of the above does not work, we can test the login ourselves by changing the email address to our own and sending the login request.