The postbag is used for authorising and sending system generated letters/ emails through the system.
To access the postbag you’ll need to click onto the OFFICE tab and select the POSTBAG button.
- You will see a filter on the left hand ladder in which you can filter by date range and staff member.
- You will then have a list of all the letters that need to be authorised/ skipped that the system has generated
- The list of documents will either be listed to be sent as email or letter. This will tell you how the system intends to send the documents.
- You can bulk send/ skip using the buttons at the bottom of the list, to send letters you click onto Authorise, if you don’t want the letters to be sent you select Skip letters:
- If the letters are awaiting by email, once you click onto the Authorise letters button, the email will automatically be sent. You will see this confirmation screen: at this point you can choose to send the email from your own email, or from the branch default.
- If they are awaiting authorisation by post there is a second step you need to take to tell the system that you have printed the letter out and that you have sent it. Once you have authorised the letters to go by post on this screen, you’ll need to change the filter on the left hand side to Awaiting posting, this is where you print the document to send it, you then click the button for Mark as posted. This will show the document as being sent.
- You also have an actions button next to each of the items, which will give you the same Authorise/ Skip option
- To Write a free text letter to someone on the system, you will need to lick into the person’s profile and click onto the actions button and select write a letter:
The system will give you an option to choose a set template (that you can add under the control panel) alternatively if you want to write a one off letter you can chose that from the list. You’ll then need to click write a letter:
- You will notice a tick box at the top of the screen to send the letter Via email as an attachment.
- Once you have written your content you click onto Write a letter to send the letter to the postbag for authorisation.