You may have accidentally signed a tenancy without a head tenant where there should have been, and now the bond/rent has been split between multiple tenants. Here are the instructions on how to fix this.
REMOVING THE OUTSTANDING BALANCES OFF TENANTS
First of all, you will need to make the bond undue on any tenants account that shouldn't have had this actioned on. This would be done via the following journal transfer:
- negative the bond amount out of the outstanding bond - (specific account according to bond scheme) account
- positive the bond amount into the tenants main account
(For further instructions on how to action a journal transfer, please see the following guide: https://letmc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007708308-Making-a-Journal-Transfer-)
Then you will need to make any rent undue on this tenants account. This would be done by going to actions > make rent undue
You may also find that an advance payment has been made due. If this is the case you will need to do the following journal transfer:
- negative the advance amount due out of the outstanding general account
- positive the advance amount into the tenants main account
INCREASING WHAT HAS BEEN MADE DUE ON THE HEAD TENANT
First go to the head tenants account and do the following journal transfer:
- negative the remaining bond that needs to be held from the tenants main account
- positive the remaining bond that needs to be held into the tenant bond held - (specific account according to bond scheme) account
For the remaining rent to be made due and transferred over to the landlord, go to accounts > make rent due and then actions > manual rent transfer
Then for any additional advance rent that needs to go the landlord you can just go to actions > transfer to another person
TO PUT THE HEAD TENANT STATUS IN PLACE ON THE PERSONS ACCOUNT
First you will need to amend the rent schedule so that all funds are against the head tenant only.
Go to the rent schedule > actions against each line in the schedule > setup rent breakdown - here you will want to edit & update the amounts next to each person so that the head tenant has the full amount of rent and the other tenant(s) show zero.
Then you can go to the tenants section within the tenancy > actions against the person you want to make head tenant > make head tenant