In v4.26.00, we introduced an updated version of the TDS Upload File to rectify legacy issues with the content of the file.
A number of improvements have been made:
- The file is now generated at the point of downloading it, you no longer have to wait overnight for changes to be reflected in the file.
- The amount of bond to be registered is now taken from the 'Bond Required' on the instruction.
- If the incorrect amount of bond is called due and then paid by the tenant (Ie. The money is transferred into the tenant's Tenant Bond Held account), any corrections made to the amount won't be seen as Deposit Deductions when the file is uploaded to the TDS.
- You have the option of only downloading new tenancies, instead of downloading one file that contains all tenancies.
- Once a tenancy is included in the TDS file (And subsequently uploaded to the TDS), the tenancy is stamped with an 'Uploaded to TDS' date and removed from any subsequent files.
First Time Use
For first time use, we recommend that you conduct a test before commencing with your latest file upload.
Download the first time by unticking 'Mark as Uploaded', this will download all tenancies that have yet to be uploaded (Which will be any without a date in the 'Last Uploaded to TDS' field). If you are happy with this file, you can download the same file with 'Mark as Uploaded' ticked. With this ticked, any tenancies included in this file will be stamped with today's date and removed from any future files.
Incorrect Bond Amount
With the previous file, it wasn't possible to correct an incorrect bond amount once it had been paid. With the new file, corrections are possible thanks to the updated file using the 'Bond Required' field on the tenancy.
Before correcting the account itself, you should first ensure that the amount in the 'Bond Required' field is correct. Once this is done, you can journal transfer money into and out of the Tenant Bond Held account to the correct amount.
The TDS file will no longer see a journal transfer out of the account as a deposit deduction. As long as the amount transferred out of the account doesn't take the balance of the Tenant Bond Held account below the amount in 'Bond Required', the bond amount registered will be whatever is set on the tenancy.
All Tenancies v New Tenancies Only
When downloading the TDS file, you now the option of downloading one of two files:
- All TDS tenancies
- New tenancies only
The former option is what the system previously produced (But, with the rest of the changes outlined above). The latter option is new and will only include tenancies that are yet to be included in a TDS file (This is noted by the 'Last Uploaded to TDS' field on the tenancy).
Which option you choose is entirely up to you, both will include correct and up to date information regarding your tenancies.